Monday, November 23, 2009

Cookie Swap 2009

When: December 10, 6:00p until
Where: Stacey Meredith's Home - email for directions/address

Get out those recipes and mixers! This is so much fun every year and I know I'm not alone when I say it's one of the holiday events I look forward to the most!

Details: Come ready to sample and judge
1. You'll need to bring a plate of cookies (or bite size dessert) (one for each participant - as of today we have 21) for tasting and judging. No slice and bake please.

2. Bag or package approximately 4 cookies for each participant. Attach the recipe to the bag.

3. Please email me the name of your cookie beforehand (will remain secret until the night of the event) so I can make the name/number signs for the anonymous tasting table. (I am not a judge!)

Tips:
Look for recipes that make approx 3 dozen. You'll be fine with three times the recipe.

Use a cookie scoop to be sure you get the amount of cookies you expect out of your dough.

Packaging your cookies and freezing them usually works with most recipes so you should be able to work ahead.

Don't wait until the night before to bake or you'll pull your hair out!

Prizes will be awarded for the following:
1. Best Overall
2. Best Taste
3. Most unique
4. Prettiest (includes the presentation on the tasting plate)
5. Best Packaging

We've got a two time winner in our midst! Will she make that a Triple Crown? We'll find out December 10!

Note - if you would like the recipe booklet from last year's event, please email me or comment below. I'll be finishing a PDF booket this week.


3 comments:

Unknown said...

i'd like a recipe booklet from last yr!

Martha said...

I would like the recipes from last year!

Mandi said...

me too!